With jailbreaks in short supply, we have started looking for Cydia alternatives that give us some of the same features and functionality that the jailbreak store gave us in terms of modification and great features. The best one we have found is an app installer called FlekStore and, unlike some of the other alternatives, this one gives us a great deal of flexibility and a great choice of apps and tweaks to download, as well as the ability to add your own apps to their store.
Image : FlekStore Download Tutorial
Quick Links :
How to Download FlekStore :
You can’t get FlekStore from the iOS app store but there are two other ways to install it on your device. Here’s how.
Method 1 : Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- On your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, open the Safari browser
- Go to flekstore.org
- Wait for the page to be fully loaded and tap on the UP arrow , bottom or top of your screen
- Choose Add to Home Screen from the options that appear
- Now you must give the app icon a name so type in FlekStore. Tap on Add
- The FlekStore app icon will be on your home screen when you close Safari down
Video: This is a demonstration of the above steps
Method 2 : Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
- Launch Safari and tap on this [ link ]
- A page will open with loads if information about FlekStore and a link to directly Install on your iOS device, tap on this link.
- Your settings app will open onto the Install Profile page , tap on Install and, if required input your passcode
- Safari will open; tap on the link that says Install
- On the confirmation box click on Install
- Again, your settings app will open; click on Install
- Click Next > Install
- Now click on Install > Done and wait for the process to complete
FlekStore will now be on your Home screen and ready for use.
Method 3: Android Only
It’s not a new thing, this business of Android users not being able to jailbreak and, while they may have somewhat more freedom than iOS users do, they still can’t download paid apps for free, any Cydia only apps or any modified apps. Or they couldn’t until FlekStore was given Android support. Now Android users can experience some of what iOS users have enjoyed so check out the link below for all the information and a download guide.
Fix FlekStore Errors :
You should have a good experience but there might be a couple of errors that you face. They are easy to fix:
- Profile Installation Failed , click on the link for the steps to fix
- If an app fails to run, go to Settings > General > Profile. Tap on Trust beside the right app certificate and come out of settings, the app will now work
Fix FlekStore Not Working Issue :
While you can enjoy all that FlekStore has to offer, it is worth noting that you can only do this for a maximum of 1 week after you install it. Reinstalling it will bring it back, but it will only crash again until you install NessTool and put a stop to it. NessTool is a VPN tool that stops Apple from verifying your app certificates and revoking those that it classes as invalid, like FlekStore. Click on the link here to get more details on how NessTool [ext link] works and how to download it .
Popular FlekStore Apps :
FlekStore is packed to the rafters with content and two of the most popular apps are :
AirShou is a very popular screen recorder, once only available through Cydia but now ready for download without needing to jailbreak. It was released as a way of providing us with a fundamental feature that Apple doesn’t want to give us and is now available to many more users so click the link to find out how to download AirShou [ext link] on your device today
Social media apps are getting more popular by the day and Snapchat is one of the top ones. However, although it is incredibly popular it is missing a few key features that really should have been included. Snapchat++ is a modified version of the stock app that includes lots of extra features and is easy to download so follow the linked post for a full Snapchat++ download [ext link] guide .
FlekStore Alternative Apps :
If FlekStore doesn’t offer what you want in terms of app or features, then have a go at one of these alternatives:
HipStore is a very popular installer, full of paid and premium app store apps that you can download for free. You can also download from a large choice of media apps, ringtones, and other useful apps. No jailbreak is needed, and it supports iOS 9 or above so find out how to download HipStore [ext link] on your device by clicking the given link.
Emus4U is a great choice of app installer for those who want to play old-school console games on their iOS devices. With a range of the best emulators to choose from, you can play PS1, Nintendo or Gameboy games among others right there on your device or choose from the paid and premium content, Cydia tweaks or modified apps. Find out how to download Emus4U [ext link] by clicking on the linked article
Will you use FlekStore or do you prefer to wait for a jailbreak to be released ? Let us know what you think of it and follow us on Facebook for more tips and tutorials.