If there is one thing that users miss, now that jailbreaking appears to be no more, its downloading and using games emulators to play their favorite console games on their iOS devices. Cydia had several of these, covering multiple consoles and one stood out from the rest. GBA4iOS even made it into the iOS app store for a while but now that too has gone. Except it hasn’t because the developers have hauled it back out, updated it and brought it back.
Image : GBA4iOS App Download Tutorial
What is GBA4iOS ?
GBA4iOS [ext link] is one of the most downloaded games emulators of all times, providing free access to all the GBA/GB/GBC games you want, including all your old and new favorites. Developer Riley Testut did manage to get his past Apple and into the app store for a while by making clever use of a forgotten exploit but, with iOS 8, Apple found and patched it. The app has been redeveloped now so that it works outside of the app store and Cydia and we’ll be telling you how to download it after we look at the features GBA4iOS offers.
GBA4iOS Features :
GBA4iOS has proven itself one of the best emulators because it can offer so many features , this is down to the fact that it uses tools offered by the iOS SDK, making it a top user experience. Some of those features include:
- Easy to download and use
- You don’t need to jailbreak
- Supported on all iOS devices that run iOS 7 or above
- Full optimization for the iPad
- Syncs with Dropbox
- Airplay support
- Supports cheat codes
- Supports wireless linking
- Choose from a number of skins
- Several custom controller skins included
- New app icon logo
- In-app browser
- Event distribution
- Sustain button
- Fast Forward feature
- Supports URL Schemes
- Mode for controller vibration
- Regular updates
- Access to the tools needed to play thousands of GBA games
- Also supports GB and GBC games
- Loads of other features
The experience that you get with GBA4iOS is second to none, as near to a console experience as you will get on your iOS device. It is one of the few third-party emulators that offers support for so many iOS versions and devices and the fact that you don’t need to jailbreak is just another bonus.
How to Download GBA4iOS :
Downloading GBA4iOS is easier than you think. Although it isn’t in the iOS app store and most users can no longer jailbreak, all you need is a third-party app installed called FlekStore and a decent internet connection on your device:
- Download FlekStore onto your device following the guide at the link
- Open FlekStore and search for GBA4iOS
- Make sure you choose the version that goes with your device
- Wait for the installation to finish and the world of Gameboy games is at your fingertips
Try GBA4iOS today and tell us how you get on with it. To stay up to date with all the latest tips and jailbreak news, follow us on Facebook.