While we could jailbreak whenever we wanted, there were some apps in Cydia that proved more popular than others. One of those was called iFile, a very popular download indeed, given what it offered us. Now that jailbreaking appears to be dying out, thousands of users are left without access to Cydia and no way of downloading iFile [ext link] onto their devices anymore. Luckily, there is a way to do it without jailbreaking and we’ll be giving you more details later. First, more about iFile.
Image : iFile Download Tutorial
What is iFile ?
iFile is an advanced file manager app, providing you with features that Apple is never going to let you have. With iFile, you get to access the file system on your iOS device, you get to see exactly what’s there and customize your files in much the same way as you do with Mac’s Finder and Windows Explorer. Let’s look at some of what you can do with iFile.
iFile Features :
iFile is packed with plenty of features that will be useful to you. First, you can see exactly what file types you have on your device, including:
- Web archives
- Microsoft files
- Compressed file formats
- Apple iWork
With your multimedia and software files, you can:
- Rename your files
- Move them about
- Copy and paste them
- Edit property lists and text lists, like configuration files
- Install whatever .deb packages you want, easily
- Pack/unpack compressed file formats, such as .zip or .jar
- Import files into your iPod Library
You can move files in and out of your device in these ways:
- iFile has a built-in web server that you can use with a network drive or browser
- you can easily manage Dropbox files and FTP files
- You can add files to your emails and send as attachments
- You can view and download files using a Toshiba FlashAir card
- You can mount Apple .dmg files easily
- You can use Bluetooth to send files to iFile on another device
And you will find that iFile is integrated completely into Safari Download Manager, Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing and Attachment Saver.
How to Download iFile :
Downloading iFile is really quite simple. You have no chance of finding it in the iOS app store because Apple is never going to allow an app that gives you these kinds of features. However, you can get it through FlekStore, a third-party app installer that offers a huge range of content to choose from. Simply download FlekStore onto your device, following the linked guide below and then download iFile from it.
iFile is, without a doubt, a very useful app and you won’t find these features anywhere else. You don’t have a thing to lose by downloading it; its free, there is no need to jailbreak and it really is quite easy. Try it today and follow us on Facebook for more tips and tricks like this.